Work at OUSA
OUSA Clubs & Societies Centre Student Receptionist
Best job ever
Want to join our fun and amazing team?
We are looking for Students in Otago who are looking for a bit of extra work during semester next year.
To provide evening and weekend reception work on an as rostered basis.
Will also have the opportunity for work more hours with projects should they need staff; 24x7 study space, Clubs Day, Blues and Golds.
If you need more details email Joel@ousa.org.nz.
if you are keen apply via our seek ad
Applications close on the 13th of November at 5pm
OUSA Clubs and Societies Manager
The OUSA Clubs and Socs Centre Manager plays a vital role in ensuring the OUSA provides the ultimate student experience for University of Otago students.
The role of Clubs and Socs Manager is diverse and will be of interest to a wide range of applicants.
Those who have operational management experience, including the management of staff and budgets will be considered. Specific experience in facilities management and/or interest and experience in sports and recreation management is highly desirable
Structurally, OUSA is divided into 8 departments: Corporate support; Events; Communications and Marketing; Clubs and Socs; Critic; Planet Media Sales; Radio One and Student Support Centre.
With approximately 50 staff and many more volunteers, OUSA is a substantial organisation.
Managers of each department report to the CEO, who is responsible to the Student Executive for the overall management of the organisation.
OUSA is a dynamic environment to work in – no two days are ever the same! We are an inclusive and supportive employer who values inputs from all staff.
The Clubs and Socs Manager is responsible for:
• Managing all recreation facilities owned by OUSA (Clubs and Socs building, Aquatic Centre, and the Squash Courts)
• Leading the OUSA’s Clubs and Socs staff in ensuring superior support for student clubs and groups, as well as ensuring there is a diverse range of recreation programmes on offer
• Managing the OUSA recreation budget
• Oversees and acts as a consultant for all OUSA Recreation activities, ensuring our programmes are exciting and diverse
. The ideal candidate will have:
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong leadership skills
• An empathy with young adults and the pressures of University study
• A passion for recreation and/or sports
• Financial management experience
• Facilities management experience
Applicants should send their CV, completed OUSA application form and a cover letter to the Association Secretary Donna Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications close Monday 7th November 2016.