Work at OUSA
OUSA Marketing and Communications Manager
Full time, permanent
The OUSA Marketing and Communications Manager is a pivotal position within the Association.
Leading a small team that takes responsibility for the branding and marketing of OUSA activities to Students at the University of Otago, as well as being the first point of call for all media contact to the Association.
• Leads the OUSA’s Marketing and Communications department including operational planning and supporting the CEO in strategic communications planning and implementation
• Ensures the OUSA projects a credible voice in the media
• Ensures the OUSA has high engagement with members
• Oversees and acts as a consultant for all OUSA departments, ensuring accurate and effective advertising purchases, publicity and promotion plans
This position calls for a trend spotter who communicates in student language, is people oriented, outgoing and confident.
The ideal person has:
• A qualification in communications, marketing, digital marketing, journalism or equivalent experience
• Writing and editing skills in relation to a diverse set of audiences, across a variety of mediums, especially online
• Knowledge of and experience with social media content creation, strategies and analysis across multiple platforms
• Staff and budget management experience
• An critical understanding of the media landscape for the purposes of public relations and promotion
Applications including the OUSA application form, CV and cover letter should be forwarded to the Association Secretary, Donna Jones email@example.com by 5pm 6th July, 2016