Work at OUSA
OUSA Communications Coordinator
-- Making student voices heard --
The OUSA Communications Coordinator is a vital part of ensuring the OUSA provides the ultimate student experience for University of Otago students.
• Supports the President and the Executive to communicate effectively through the media
• Leads the OUSA’s communications operational planning and supports the General Manager in strategic communications planning and implementation
• Ensures the OUSA projects a credible voice in the media
• Ensures the OUSA has high engagement with members
• Oversees and acts as a consultant for all OUSA Service Units, ensuring accurate and effective advertising purchases, publicity and promotion plans
This position calls for a trend spotter who communicates in student language, is people oriented, outgoing and confident.
The ideal person has:
• Excellent communications, marketing, digital marketing, journalism qualification or equivalent experience
• Writing skills in relation to a diverse set of audiences
• Skills in writing and editing for an online medium
• Knowledge of social media strategies across multiple platforms
• Media/ publications skills
This is a C2 ($43,745) to C5 ($47,760) remunerated position on the OUSA Collective Employment Agreement.
Applicants should send a CV, a few copies of work examples (please note these will not be returned), completed application form available here http://www.ousa.org.nz/home/work-at-ousa/ and a covering letter to the General Manager Darel Hall email@example.com by noon Friday 24 October.
-- Join the best events team in Dunedin--
The OUSA has an experienced, innovative events team working for the most dynamic student body in New Zealand. Amongst our great events are:
• Dunedin Craft Beer & Food Festival
• Art Week
• International Food Festival
The OUSA needs an event coordinator to join the team. You will be responsible for coordinating several smaller events and assisting with the big ones.
You will take a particular interest in volunteers and their pastoral care.
Marketing or communications experience is an advantage.
A commitment to operate within a framework of harm minimisation and positive engagement with relevant authorities is a requirement.
Remuneration is between B2 ($39,687) and B4 ($45,097) on the Collective Employment Agreement scale. All documents in application should be sent to the Communications and Events Manager Dan Hendra firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 24 October.