Work at OUSA
OUSA Communications Coordinator
-- Making student voices heard --
The OUSA Communications Coordinator is a vital part of ensuring the OUSA provides the ultimate student experience for University of Otago students.
• Supports the President and the Executive to communicate effectively through the media
• Leads the OUSA’s communications operational planning and supports the General Manager in strategic communications planning and implementation
• Ensures the OUSA projects a credible voice in the media
• Ensures the OUSA has high engagement with members
• Oversees and acts as a consultant for all OUSA Service Units, ensuring accurate and effective advertising purchases, publicity and promotion plans
This position calls for a trend spotter who communicates in student language, is people oriented, outgoing and confident.
The ideal person has:
• Excellent communications, marketing, digital marketing, journalism qualification or equivalent experience
• Writing skills in relation to a diverse set of audiences
• Skills in writing and editing for an online medium
• Knowledge of social media strategies across multiple platforms
• Media/ publications skills
This is a C2 ($43,745) to C5 ($47,760) remunerated position on the OUSA Collective Employment Agreement.
Applicants should send a CV, a few copies of work examples (please note these will not be returned), completed application form available here http://www.ousa.org.nz/home/work-at-ousa/ and a covering letter to the General Manager Darel Hall firstname.lastname@example.org by noon Friday 24 October.
-- Join the best events team in Dunedin--
The OUSA has an experienced, innovative events team working for the most dynamic student body in New Zealand. Amongst our great events are:
• Dunedin Craft Beer & Food Festival
• Art Week
• International Food Festival
The OUSA needs an event coordinator to join the team. You will be responsible for coordinating several smaller events and assisting with the big ones.
You will take a particular interest in volunteers and their pastoral care.
Marketing or communications experience is an advantage.
A commitment to operate within a framework of harm minimisation and positive engagement with relevant authorities is a requirement.
Remuneration is between B2 ($39,687) and B4 ($45,097) on the Collective Employment Agreement scale. All documents in application should be sent to the Communications and Events Manager Dan Hendra email@example.com by Friday 24 October.
Orientation 2015 Receptionists
Be all you can be in 2015
Orientation Receptionists (2 positions available)
These positions are for a fixed term as Orientation is an annual one off event (February 16 – 20th) the employees will work shared shifts with other Receptionists. The hours of employment will depend on which shifts the Orientation Receptionists are rostered onto, but a position will not be offered to anyone not available for training all day on Friday, February 13, then Monday, February 16 until Friday, February 20, and Saturday 21 February 11-2pm (People not available for all of these days need not apply.) Apart from these dates, they will be expected to share shifts with other Receptionists, according to their availability.
Monday-Friday; during: 9am to 4:30pm and one Saturday 11am-2pm
The job involves undertaking the selling of tickets and Orientation passes to incoming students and members of the public, dealing with inquiries from people newly arrived to campus, and general reception duties, including the receipt and handling of lost property, assisting staff and executive as required, dealing effectively with students and members of the public, and using office equipment.
The candidates must be familiar with cash handling, know the campus environs well, be calm and friendly under stress and work well with others.
Shortlisted applicants must be able to demonstrate they are able to fit in with the existing roster.
Applications close on Wednesday 19 November at 4pm.
Please deliver applications to OUSA, or post to us at PO Box 1436, Dunedin 9054.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Donna 479 5331