Work at OUSA
Senior Receptionist/Assistant Association Secretary
32 hours per week
The OUSA represents 20,000 student members at the University of Otago. We pride ourselves on having a friendly team who provide a wide range of services to support a diverse range of students.
We are seeking a friendly face to front the reception in the OUSA main office. Encompassed in this role is the management of lost property, ticket sales, cash handling and assisting the Association Secretary in her constitutional role. The role will report to the Association Secretary.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
• Previous reception/customer service experience
• Accurate cash handling and reconciliation skills
• A good working knowledge of the tertiary sector and the Otago campus.
• Computer literacy
• A sound understanding of the OUSA constitution and policies
Our preferred candidate will:
• Have high standards of ethics and integrity
• Be professional, well presented, friendly and mature
• Demonstrate an awareness of OUSA and our activities
• Become part of the OUSA family, with a commitment to the role and the organisation.
This is a 32 hour per week position. Hours will reduce over the summer holiday period. Hours will be negotiated with the preferred candidate.
If you are interested in this role, contact the Association Secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a job description. If you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV and covering letter to OUSA Association Secretary at email@example.com.
Applications will be considered as they arrive, and close no later than Tuesday, 7th of April, at 5pm.
Events Coordinator/Senior Events Coordinator
Full time, permanent, pay scale $42,392 - $47,760
The OUSA has an experienced, innovative events team working for the most dynamic student body in New Zealand. We run a wide variety of events, from a full Orientation week programme to food festivals and the annual Capping show. We are seeking a new Events Coordinator.
Our new team member will have:
• Knowledge and expertise of the music industry, with an understanding of current music trends
• Specialised production knowledge
• Logistics, operations and site management experience
• Demonstrated event management skills
To be successful in this role, you will:
• Be a multi tasker, able to prioritise and balance a diverse work load
• Have fantastic interpersonal skills, in particular the ability to be persuasive and negotiate constructively
• Have a can-do, let’s make it happen attitude
• Work with the team, communicate effectively and have an affinity with students needs and wants
• Have a commitment to operate within a framework of harm minimisation and positive engagement with relevant authorities
• Work professionally with integrity
This role is a fantastic opportunity to advance your career, utilise connections and make your mark! Use your creativity and good planning to bring fantastic events to the students at Otago University.
Applications for this role close on Wednesday 8th of April at 5pm. If you have a question about this role, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply, including a covering letter and CV to: email@example.com