Work at OUSA
20 hours per week
Fixed term August – November 14
The OUSA provides a diverse range of services to its 20,000 student members at the University of Otago. An autonomous body with registered charity status and independence from the University, OUSA offers activities and support to students including:
• A confidential support and welfare advice service, representation and advocacy
• Recreation facilities and support to over 100 clubs and societies
• The best student events programme in Aotearoa/ New Zealand
• A student radio station (Radio One)
• An award-winning student magazine (Critic).
This role reports to the Association Secretary and works with the student President on a day-to-day basis. The role has four key projects to support:
• Every student votes – student enrolment for the general election
• Building Faculty Club capacity
• OUSA identity and engagement project
• Policy review
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
• Understanding political processes
• Working with people with diverse political beliefs
• Tertiary level qualification preferred but relevant experience is also recognised
• High standards of professionalism, ethics and integrity
• Must be able to demonstrate affinity with student needs and wants
• Intermediate expertise in MS Office, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
• Significant people leadership experience, with volunteer leadership an asset.
Please send your CV and covering letter to OUSA Association Secretary at email@example.com
Applications close at noon on Thursday 7 August 2014. The OUSA needs the successful candidate to be available to commence work on 18 August 2014.