Part of the work of Queer Support is to provide the University of Otago and the Otago Polytechnic with queer inclusive educational resources and opportunities for professional development. Check them out below:
University of Otago Policies and Procedures
Equity and Diversity Policy - Kaupapa Here Ararau Tōkeke
Gender Transitioning at Work Guidelines [for university staff]
Reports & Strategies
"Campus climate for students with diverse sexual orientations and/ or gender identities as the University of Otago, Aotearoa New Zealand". Download the full survey [PDF]
How Safe and Inclusive are Otago Secondary Schools? Download our report [PDF]
Dunedin Diversity Strategy: Download the [PDF]
- Alphabet Soup: This is a place for young LGBTQ* people in the Dunedin community to connect and gain support. Aimed at 12-18 year olds.
- Dunedin Pride: Dunedin Pride is run by the Dunedin based group, Q² Trust. The Q² trust is a new organisation with a vision to create an inclusive and affirming environment for queer/rainbow* communities in Dunedin and surrounding
- Ending HIV: a website that provides information on keeping safe if deciding to have sex and/or be sexually active. They have resources, Q&A’s, tips, free condoms and events.
- Gender Minorities Aotearoa: is an organisation for transgender, takataapui, intersex, and other gender minorities. We are cross cultural, and led by peers.
- The I'm Local Project: aims to help queer & gender diverse youth of Aotearoa to feel valued, recognised and supported in their local communities. They have loads of information and a region-by-region map of support groups for young people in Aotearoa.
- OutLine: Whatever is on your mind, from coming out, to heading out, friends to lovers, mothers to brothers… sometimes you just need to talk. Outline volunteers don’t judge or tell you what to do; they’ll provide support and information in a safe & friendly atmosphere. Phone: 0800 688 5463
- RY: RainbowYOUTH (est.1989) is a charitable organisation dedicated to helping young queer and gender diverse (LGBTIQ) people up to the ages of 27, as well as their wider communities.
- SouthTransNZ: This is a Facebook page that is for the support of the Trans Community in New Zealand.