Our sauna is located on the third floor and can accommodate up to 8 people. It is set at a steamy 85 degrees!
Sessions run on the hour from 3 pm to 9 pm weekdays and 12 pm to 7 pm weekends (sessions are 45 minutes in duration).
$5 for students* and $12 for non-students (discounted concessions cards available). Payment is required before booking your spot. You will need to show your Student ID to receive student rates. No cash payments sorry, EFTPOS or credit card only if paying onsite.
Private/closed sessions e.g. for yourself or friends are available. The charge for this (irrelevant of how many people turn up) is $30 total for students or $50 total for non-students. To book a private/closed session simply book all 8 spots. To receive the student rate all participants must be students and show their Student ID.
*Student rates apply to current Otago University and Otago Polytechnic students. Staff and alumni are no longer offered student pricing.
Terms and Conditions for Using the Sauna
- The sauna and adjacent changing area is a communal space. Be conscious of your behaviour and how that might affect others sharing the space i.e. those with differing cultures, regions, or who have experienced sexual violence. Behaviour non-conducive to a safe inclusive space may result in access restrictions or disciplinary action.
- Keep your clothes on! If you want to get naked you’ll need to book out a private session*.
- *If you've booked out a private session for nudity reasons please wait for the previous group to leave before you de-robe
- Alternative areas to change are the floor 2 bathroom
- Saunas are limited to one-hour maximum; 45 minutes to sauna and 15 minutes to change. Please arrive and leave on time.
- If you're pregnant the sauna's not for you
- Alcohol is not permitted in the sauna nor is glass.
- Student ID must be presented to receive student prices
- Please check-in at reception on arrival
- Payment is due prior to your session
- BYO towel (we don’t have towels for hire)
- Place one booking per person (unless you want to pay for extra seats)
- The big red button in the sauna is an emergency button, not a light switch (press when there is an emergency)
myOUSA Account Required
You need a myOUSA account to access this service. You don’t need to be a student to get a myOUSA account, and it only takes 10 seconds!