About the OUSA
Structurally, OUSA is divided into 8 departments: Corporate support; Events; Communications and Marketing; Clubs and Socs; Critic; Planet Media Sales; Radio One and Student Support Centre.
With approximately 70 staff and many more volunteers, OUSA is a substantial organisation.
Managers of each department report to the CEO, who is responsible to the Student Executive for the overall management of the organisation.
OUSA is a dynamic environment to work in – no two days are ever the same! We are an inclusive and supportive employer who values inputs from all staff.
How to Apply
Applicants must send their CV, completed OUSA application form (available here) and a cover letter to the HR Coordinator, Lauren Scrimgeour (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
Please clearly indicate the position(s) you are applying for.
Accounting Technician/Accounts Administrator
OUSA is a non-for-profit organisation that has been proudly serving the students of the University of Otago for 131 years. We are a passionate group of people providing services to the students of the University of Otago, ensuring they have the best experience possible while studying here.
We are looking to expand our internal accounting capacity and are looking for an exceptional individual to join the new accounts team. This will represent an opportunity for you to add value to the systems and processes.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be assisting in the financial management of the association.
• To keep OUSA accounts to a high standard of accuracy and to provide managers with timely financial information.
• To process accounts payable and receivable, cash register reconciliations, bank & credit card reconciliations, financial reporting, and general accounting duties as required (using Accredo)
• Assist with maintenance of OUSA asset register
• Provide training and support to staff and Executive on financial processes
• Assist in production and monthly reporting of monthly financial management reports to the CEO and Departmental Managers.
You will have:
• A good understanding of financial processes
• Readiness to improve systems and processes
• Knowledge of MS Excel
• The ability to manage tight deadlines
What’s on offer:
• Flexible working conditions
• 5 weeks annual holiday pay
• Supportive and positive work environment
• Opportunity to progress within your career
OUSA is a vibrant and dynamic place to work. No two days are ever the same!
If this sounds like you and the opportunity you have been looking for, please get in touch.
Applications for this role will close on the 6th of August, however encourage prompt applications. Should we find a suitable candidate, this vacancy will close early.