Events Coordinator - OUSA
An exciting opportunity is available for an energetic, enthusiastic, creative and experienced Event Coordinator to join our innovative events team working for the most dynamic student body in New Zealand.
The Otago University Students Association delivers a varied range of events focused on providing a unique campus experience for all students as well as building a strong connection between students and city. The events team run a multitude of events throughout the year, from the nation’s largest Orientation week program, the award-winning Dunedin Craft Beer & Food Festival, week-long events such as Art Week, daytime events such as Market Days, and assisting with logistics at other events such as graduation parades and the on-campus ANZAC commemoration.
About the Role
Reporting to the Event Manager, the Event Coordinator will play a significant role in helping to shape, create and successfully deliver a program of diverse event which may include:
- Management of the coordination of on Campus Activations/Events such as Anzac Day Service, BBQ’s, Market Days, Competitions.
- Management of the coordination of event campaigns such as Battle of the Bands, Art Week, the Capping Show.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders
- Accurate bookings of all event logistics, including technical equipment, furniture and event equipment, and event contractors.
- Preparation of event budgets and ability to work within budgets and produce accurate event run sheets
- Involvement and support on major events including the Dunedin Craft Beer & Food Festival, Hyde Street, and Orientation.
- Work with OUSA departments including Marketing and Sales/Sponsorship to deliver comprehensive event plans.
Skills and Experience
The OUSA Events team plays a vital role in ensuring the OUSA provides the ultimate student experience for University of Otago students.
Our new team member will have:
- Previous professional experience within the events industry.
- An attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a team.
- Experience preparing and working within budgets.
- A love of the busy fast-paced nature of events and excellent people skills,
- Experience in the creation and management of Event Health & Safety Plans and a sound understanding of maintaining a safe work environment.
Structurally, OUSA is divided into 8 departments: Corporate support; Events; Communications and Marketing; Clubs and Socs; Critic; Planet Media Sales; Radio One and Student Support Centre. With approximately 50 staff and many more volunteers, OUSA is a substantial organisation.
OUSA is a dynamic environment to work in – no two days are ever the same! We are an inclusive and supportive employer who values inputs from all staff.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Dunedin. Given the nature of events, a flexible approach to working hours is necessary, as events often occur on evenings and weekends.
Download a position description here
Send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm on the Friday 8th June 2017
If you are a current student of a NZ tertiary institution, or a recent graduate, you can register and apply for jobs at Student Job Search.
Click here to view our 2017-2018 TEU Collective Agreement.
Click here for the OUSA Application Form.