Planet Media Advertising Sales and Account Manager
Are you already experienced in sales and want to work in a vibrant, fun workplace?
Or are you looking to start a career in the advertising and sales industries?
Either way, if you're ready to work hard with passion and ambition and we want to talk to you!
Planet Media Dunedin is a one-stop shop offering a range of media platforms for advertisers to reach Dunedin's 26,000 students. As a part of Otago University Students’ Association you will be working in a fun and challenging environment.
In this role you will meet or exceed advertising sales targets for Planet Media products including; Critic Magazine, Radio One 91FM, Campus Poster Campaigns, Orientation publications and various digital/social media platforms. Part of the role also consists of selling advertising and sponsorship opportunities for OUSA, events such as Orientation and the Dunedin Craft Beer and Food Festival.
We want to talk to people with excellent sales experience. We also want to talk to people who have no sales experience but have the personal attributes to succeed in sales because of their success elsewhere – it's up to you to convince us!
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Sales go-getter
• Cold-call specialist
• A business related tertiary level qualification preferred but experience is also recognised
• Experience in advertising sales preferred but not essential
The Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate:
• Excellent networking skills and an ability to easily establish rapport with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Be confident in presenting to clients along with excellent negotiation and sales skills.
• An ability to work autonomously even under pressure
• High standards of professionalism and integrity
• Be familiar with youth trends and can integrate this into your role as a student media expert.
Download a position description here
Send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm on the Monday 10 April 2017
If you are a current student of a NZ tertiary institution, or a recent graduate, you can register and apply for jobs at Student Job Search.
Click here to view our 2017-2018 TEU Collective Agreement.
Click here for the OUSA Application Form.