Senior Accounts Administrator
Do you have awesome accounting skills? Enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment?
The Otago University Students’ Association (OUSA) provides a diverse range of services to its many student members at the University of Otago.
An autonomous organisation with registered charity status and independence from the University, OUSA offers activities and support to students from our Clubs and Societies Centre, Event Department, Radio One, Critic Magazine and Student Support Centre.
With an annual operating budget of ~$5M, assets in excess of $14.5M and over 60 staff, OUSA is a substantial organisation.
This role is pivotal in providing Accounting support to the Association in general and directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
The role of Accounts Administrator at OUSA includes:
• Coordinating the workflow in the Accounts Office, including task allocation
• Processing of accounts payable and receivable, daily sales reconciliations, bank reconciliations, financial reporting, payroll preparation, GST returns and general accounting duties as required (using Accredo Saturn)
• Supporting the Chief Executive Officer in the provision of financial information and analysis
• Providing advice to departmental managers on financial issues and budget setting & management
• Keeping up-to-date with compliance requirements, legislation, and accounting standards
• Fixed Asset Management
Your past experience will enable you to contribute beyond listed tasks; you will be proactive in identifying efficiencies and enjoy implementing new systems and processes.
In addition to your accounting skills, you will need to be hard working, enthusiastic, open-minded and have a great sense of humour!
This role requires a degree in accounting, and you will need to be at least a qualified Accounting Technician, or working towards Chartered Accountancy; we will happily provide development support for the right candidate.
Hours of work will be approximately 30-35 hour per week, this will be negotiable with the preferred candidate.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, please send your CV and covering letter along with a completed OUSA application form to the Manager Corporate Support, Donna Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary range: $50,000 - $70,000 per annum
Click here to download full job description
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 12 January 2018