Employment: Permanent – 40 hours per week
Remuneration: Early Scale MC on OUSA management salary scales + Commission
Planet Media is the national sales outlet and sponsorships for all OUSA brands and events such as the Dunedin Craft Beer and Food Festival, Ori, Radio One, Critic Te Ārohi and so much more. But it doesn’t stop with OUSA! Planet Media is responsible for sales on behalf of student associations across the country, making this not just a challenging role, but a rewarding one.
Specialising in producing high-quality student and ‘young adult’ focused media, Planet Media offers a targeted way for both local and national advertisers to reach tertiary students, with tailored, results-driven campaigns.
About the role
Reporting to the OUSA CEO, we have an exciting opportunity for a Sales and Sponsorship Manager to lead and drive the established Planet Media sales team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building and maintaining relationships with sponsors and can strengthen our sales strategy.
To be successful in this role, you must be an exceptional leader with a strong background in media sales and relationship development. Other duties include but are not limited to:
• Transforming the Planet Media brand
• Develop and maintain networks and sponsors throughout Aotearoa
• Guide and lead the sales team to meet or exceed advertising and sponsorship targets
• Implement innovative sales strategies
The ideal candidate will have…
• Experience in developing and maintaining networks
• Previous management and leadership experience
• Highly capable in problem-solving
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to coach and support staff
• Be able to meet deadlines, manage pressure and stay organised
• A great sense of humour and contribute positively to the OUSA family
OUSA ensures a positive, fun and supportive working environment, where we all genuinely care about each other and our students. We also offer flexible working hours and 5 weeks annual holiday pay.
How to apply:
To apply, email your CV, Cover Letter and an OUSA Application form to our HR Advisor Lauren Scrimgeour at email@example.com. Applications close February 16th; however, should we find a suitable candidate, applications will close early.