From Monday, September 11th, the OUSA Clubs and Societies Centre will offer a mail service. For just $20, you can send up to 20 kgs worth of goods (box included). The service will cease on December 1st, 2023 (noting reduced hours kick in from November 13th). The boxes are 29cm (h), 49cm (w) and 40cm (d).
Tell me more:
- All parcels are subject to the University Mailroom Terms and Conditions on display and on the reverse of your receipt.
- Only the University branded box can be used. Any other box type or suitcase must be taken to the Mailroom - the cost could be higher depending on size and weight.
- The box has a maximum weight of 20kg. Overweight boxes will need to be repacked into another box.
- The cost of sending the box is $20.00 incl GST within New Zealand only. For international shipments please contact the Mailroom.
- The purchase of the box includes the box and freight. Anything else (bubble wrap, packaging tape etc) is your responsibility.
- Damaged boxes will be your responsibility and will not be sent.
- The collection is at OUSA Clubs and Socs, pickup will be scheduled once minimum collection quantity is reached.
- NO liquids, no perishables (e.g. strawberries or cheese), no valuables (e.g. computers expensive gifts or nanna’s heirloom broach)
- No PO Box of DX Box delivery available
Terms and Conditions. All parcels are subject to the University of Otago Mail Room Terms and Conditions It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions of this service. The service is also bound by the information presented on this page.
- You arrive at Clubs and Socs to purchase your box.
- In advance of purchasing, you'll be asked to read the terms and conditions.
- You'll accept the terms and conditions, signing these off in writing
- You'll pay for your box/es
- You'll receive your box/es along with a tracking sticker and a copy of your receipt.
- You'll take home your box/es, fill it (making sure you fulfil relevant terms and conditions)
- You'll return the box to Clubs and Socs (who'll do a visual check and weigh the box). Scales available onsite.
- Assuming everything is satisfactory to staff, your box will be stored onsite until collection.
- Your box is picked up, transported and delivered.