Gear hire is a benefit for OUSA affiliated Clubs and Societies. With the exception of the van, all gear is free to hire. With that said there terms and conditions with which we encourage you to familiarise yourself. These are listed below.
Gear Hire Terms and Conditions
• Equipment hire is reserved for OUSA affiliated clubs and Societies and OUSA departmental use. Exceptions to this are approved by the manager on a case-by-case basis only.
• There is no fee or bond to hire (doesn't extend to the van) the equipment, however;
• Prior to booking an individual (acting as an agent) must accept liability on behalf of the group should the gear be lost, stolen, damaged or unfit for use. This may result in partial or full charges to replace or repair equipment or requests to clean. The agent accepts these charges and requests are at OUSA’s sole discretion.
• On collection OUSA require a valid student ID from the agent
• The agent will complete a visual check at collection notifying OUSA if the equipment is not fit for purpose or if there is visible damage
• The agent will return the equipment in the condition it was received. The agent will notify OUSA where it cannot be returned in this way and why.
• The hiree will return the equipment on-time
• The equipment is not to be sub-hired to any persons or groups
Gear Currently Available for Hire
- Van (9 seats, automatic)
- Public address system
- First Aid Kits
- BBQ and gas bottle
How do I request a booking?
Gear bookings are best made via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Van bookings should be made by the Club President via the Clubs Portal.
OUSA does not own display boards, but a request can be made through OUSA to the University of Otago Property Services.
Size: 2.4m long X 1.25m tall
Cost: $10.00 per board per day, plus delivery of approx. $100.00 per hour plus GST
To submit a request click here