Nicky is your go-to person for anything club-related!
From Affiliation to general enquiries and advice to Clubs day, Grants and the University of Otago Blues and Golds Awards – Nicky has the answers for you.
If you have any questions, you can flick her an email.
Clubs and Societies Representative - Dushanka Govender
The "Clubs and Societies Representative" is a part of the OUSA executive. This role is newly elected each year (by you) ultimately works to facilitate affiliated groups on campus. More specifically duties of this role include:
- Promotion of the clubs and societies
- Collaboration with the clubs and societies
- Act as an ex-officio member to all clubs and societies
- Membership (and acting as chair) in appropriate committees e.g. grants or Blues and Golds
- Chairing the bi-annual affiliated clubs council
- Fostering relationships with clubs, assisting them with issues pertinent to them
- Where reasonable, attend different clubs and societies meetings
- Liase and maintain good working relationships with OUSA Clubs and Societies Centre staff
In addition to the above responsibilities the Recreation Officer also performs general duties required of all executive. Where practical this should take no less than 10 hours per week.