2022 Semester 1 Recreation Programme - Registrations open on the 24th January 12pm
This course is offered in conjunction with St Johns, the course will teach you the skills and knowledge to recognise and respond to someone experiencing mental health concerns.
What to Expect
Recognise and provide mental health first aid including how to:
- Understand the relationship between mental health and distress
- Understand ways to manage your own mental health
- Know and use the Listen to your HEAD Action Plan in a non-crisis and crisis situation
- Identify when a person may be experiencing a mental health crisis
- Identify agencies who can help and /or know how to get immediate assistance if necessary
- Understand the importance of self-care.
In this full-day course, our in-depth discussions, lessons, and scenario-based activities will give you:
- the tools to build your own mental fitness
- the skills to recognise mental distress
- the confidence to provide initial help and guide a person towards professional help
- a Mental Health First Aid certificate