2 August 2011Provide Feedback
Logan Edgar (Chair), Bradley Russell, Katie Reid, Shonelle Eastwood, Art Kojarunchitt, Dan Beck, Thomas Koentges, Francisco Hernandez , Sarah Van Ballekom and Ariana Te Wake
Aimee Gulliver (Critic Reporter) and Alasdair Johnston (Minutes Secretary)
Ariana Te Wake lateness
334/11 THAT the above apology be accepted.
MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
335/11 THAT the minutes of the previous Executive meeting held on the 26th of August 2011 be accepted as a true and correct record.
Andrew Wickens’ correspondence – this was passed on to Sara Elliott, Interim General Manager as it wasn’t suitable for the Executive to answer the questions.
MOJO'S BUILDING UPDATE
Archeologists’ report will be expensive. Sarah Van Ballekom has asked what the best option is now she has all the info, the advisor thinks that option number 1, make the building safe and repair it, then sell it as minimally repaired as possible and insurance will mean that there will be more leftover that can be allocated to Clubs and Societies Building.
Some indicated it could be better to demolish the building and at least have land in a good area.
336/11 THAT OUSA contract Cunningham-Lindsay Insurance Assessors, to assess the Mojo’s site and provide a case report to be submitted to the Executive to review and consider further options.
337/11 THAT OUSA authorize Debbie Coulter to investigate a suitable Archeologist to informally investigate the Mojo's Hall site.
Russell says we do not yet know what the outcome of VSM will be and that will affect our budget so putting it off the latest is best.
Katie put forward the idea to put a clause in the constitution to say that if VSM comes in they can change to the VSM budget.
Logan left at 5.54pm arrived back at 5.55pm
338/11 THAT nominations for the 2012 OUSA Executive Elections open at 9am 19th September 2011 and close at 4pm 23rd of September 2011.
339/11 THAT voting for the 2012 OUSA Executive Elections start at 9am on 3 October 2011 and close at 4pm on 6th October 2011.
340/11 THAT voting for the 2012 OUSA Executive Elections be held by Electronic Means Only.
341/11 THAT the Executive recognise that Sarah Van Ballekom has a nice jacket.
Sarah suggests the Executive should help out more at polling booths.
Ariana Te Wake arrived via skype
342/11 THAT the Executive move into Committee of the Whole for reasons of commercial sensitivity
343/11 THAT the Executive moves out of Committee of the Whole
344/11 THAT the OUSA Executive move to withdraw the letter of withdrawal from NZUSA on the condition that they commit to continue funding of Te Mana Akonga (TMA) and that the changes proposal is enacted in substance by 2012.
345/11 THAT the Executive instruct the Communications Coordinator in conjunction with the IT Support Manager to purchase a conference phone to enable effective communications with those who cannot attend meetings.
THAI AND INDONESIAN CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS
346/11 THAT the Thai and Indonesian Community Association's constitutions be amended.
347/11 THAT the Otago Thai Society's constitution be amended.
Francisco Hernandez left at 7:02pm
GRANTS COMMITTEE MEETING AND RECOMMENDATIONS
348/11 THAT the minutes of the Grants Committee held on 28 July 2011 be
Van Ballekom/ Reid
349/11 THAT the recommendations from the Grants Committee Meeting held on 28 July 2011 be approved.
The list as attached and Sarah to give details about what grants were given.
350/11 THAT the Executive grants Alasdair Johnston speaking rights.
CANTERBURY/OTAGO SPORTS EXCHANGE
Sarah told of her plans in relation to the Canterbury students to help with moral and promote the relationship between the Universities. She is currently working with Planet Media to find cheaper deals on buses.
OTAGO UNIVERSITY FREESTYLE SPORTS CLUB
351/11 THAT the OUSA Executive moves into Committee of the Whole for reasons of commercial sensitivity
352/11 THAT the OUSA Executive moves out of the Committee of the Whole.
353/11 THAT the OUSA Executive extend the duration of the loan to the Otago University Freestyle Sports Club until 31 March 2011 on the condition they make a repayment of $250 by the 30 September 2011, toward their outstanding loan balance of $1000.
Hypnotist Show - next Thursday - fundraising for Te Roopu Maori group to go to the students’ conference. Shonelle would like everyone to go and support one of the showings.
The Summer School Prospectus is out, Katie Reid is very happy about this.
The next OUSA meeting will be held at 5.30pm due to Shonelle Eastwood having an Honours presentation.
Aimee Gulliver left at 7.25pm
VSM – Voluntary Student Membership Update
354/11 THAT the meeting move into Strict Committee for reasons of commercial sensitivity at 7.25pm
355/11 THAT the meeting move out of Strict Committee at 8.17pm
Meeting closed 8.18pm