Clubs Development Officer (CDO) - Kathryn Corry
The CDO is a full-time OUSA employee, designated as the go-to for all operational club queries. The CDO provides consistency of advice, service and administration of OUSA club-related policy. To contact the CDO please email email@example.com call 03 479 5962 or try your luck by swinging by (bookings preferred).
Clubs and Societies Representative - Tulsi Raman
The Clubs and Societies Rep. is an executive member for OUSA, working 10 hours per week (including 5 with general duties). They are elected by you on a yearly basis to act as a conjugate between governance and operations, and advocate for you in the space of recreation. Think of this role as being your voice at a larger, more strategic table where big decisions are made about the organisation as a whole. To contact the Clubs and Socs rep email firstname.lastname@example.org , call 03 479 5339 or try you luck and drop into the main office.
To receive key messages from OUSA, we need clubs to supply us with correct contact information. This can be done in the yearly re-affiliation process, or whenever that information changes. You can do this through the Clubs Portal. Core correspondence will be sent via email and posted on the OUSA Affiliated Clubs and Societies Group Facebook Page. Via these platforms, you will also be invited to our bi-annual Affiliated Clubs Council (ACC). The ACC pulls all our clubs and societies together, allows for the presentation and discussion of "hot topics", and equips with the Clubs and Socs Rep. with recommendations to take back to the OUSA executive. To read the minutes of our last ACC, click here
Upcoming Key Dates
TBC, 2022 | Clubs Day
February 28th, 2022 | Grants Round 1 Closes
March 3rd, 2022 | Clubs Welcome
March 22nd, 2022 | Affiliated Clubs Council
August 2nd, 2022 | Affiliated Clubs Council
Club's must operate under the general ethos of OUSA's values and constitution. We then have designated policies for which clubs (and individual members) must adhere to, to support those values and champion activities that are safe, inclusive and fun. Please familiarise yourself with these.
Gear & Equipment Hire
Pending availability, clubs have access to a range of gear, to hire free of charge. This includes BBQ's, PA systems, chairs, trestle tables, projectors, a marquee, and first aid kits.
Our standardized terms and conditions are:
- Usage is reserved for affiliated groups and societies (it can't be sublet to groups or individuals)
- An individual (acting as an agent) of your group must accept personal liability on behalf of the group (should the gear be lost, stolen, is damaged, or unfit for use).
- Liability may result in partial or full changes to replace, repair or clean the gear. The agent accepts these charges and requests are at OUSA's sole discretion.
- The agent will complete a visual check at collection notifying OUSA if the equipment is not fit for purpose or if there is visible damage.
- The agent will return the equipment in the condition received, notifying OUSA where it cannot be returned in this way and why.
- The agent will return the equipment on-time.