General Terms of Centre Use:
We expect all participants to respect one another and uphold the values of OUSA.
- Your actions or inactions should not jeopardize the health and safety of others. If you come across any hazards or incidents, please report them immediately to the reception desk.
- Anyone intoxicated, using threatening behaviour, or failing to follow staff instructions may be asked to leave.
- Parking is not provided for patrons.
- In the event of a fire or evacuation, follow staff instructions and promptly exit the centre
- We strive to be inclusive and accommodate individuals with barriers whenever feasible. If you think this applies to you, please speak with us before signing up.
- Classes that involve physical exertion require completion of a basic health questionnaire to screen for health risks. If a "yes" is answered to a question, please seek medical advice before signing up. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide if an activity is appropriate for you.
- Unless otherwise stated, people aged 16 and older can sign up, regardless of being a University of Otago or Otago Polytechnic student. Non-students may have different pricing, and identification may be required.
- Registrations for each activity are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until capacity is reached. Occasionally, our system may overbook an activity if multiple registrations are being processed simultaneously. In such cases, the last processed booking will be removed, and the participant will be contacted and refunded.
- Full payment is due before the activity commences.
- Our recreation programme relies on achieving minimum participation numbers for each activity. If the minimum number is not met, activities may be cancelled.
- OUSA reserves the right to alter or cancel an activity. While we will make every effort to avoid this, but in such cases, we will contact participants as soon as possible using the provided contact details.
- OUSA may offer either a full or partial refund, transfer to another activity, or provide an alternate session.
- Refunds are awarded at the discretion of the Recreation Programme Coordinator and will not be issued for personal reasons, scheduling conflicts or change of heart.
- Refunds are processed in person at the Centre's via EFTPOS. Please bring your ID and EFTPOS/credit card for the refund. Any refund must be collected by the end of the relevant academic year.
- OUSA has the right to capture videos and photographs of its Recreation Programme, including participants. We may use this content for marketing purposes, always positively and in good faith.
- Participants can choose to waive this release by contacting the Recreation Programme Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note that the waiver cannot be applied retroactively to content already published.
Any questions? Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Recreation Programme Coordinator